I’ll be speaking at the SEO Philippines Mastering Online Rankings Conference (MORCon) 2012 in Saturday, 29th of September 2012; my very first appearance on a big audience as a speaker. Though I’ve been doing inbound marketing talks for college students for quite some time now, I can feel that ‘itch’ to impress the people who expect a lot from me. Before I lose my breath and have a nervous breakdown as I count the days before the MORCon, let me express my gratitude to all the people that influenced my work a lot.
The most hateful human misfortune is for a wise man to have no influence. – Herodotus
1. Jason Acidre – This might sound gay, but the day that I met Jason Acidre personally and shook his hands like he was Obama or the next President of the Philippines. That changed the way I see SEO and I guess, its forever. His work; his achievements at such a young age definitely inspire me and many SEOs in the industry. My Monday wouldn’t be complete without reading his blog, Kaiserthesage. I recommend that you dig his archives for SEO Strategies.
— MyCool King (@iPullRank) June 5, 2012
2. Jon Cooper – This guy is one of those youngsters in link building— in terms of his age but never from his works. Rank 1st for a sick keyword search for “link building strategies” and indeed one of those guys that you should add on your influences. You should not miss his fresh and sizzling link building course.
3. Gisele Mendez & Tyson Stevens – These two make my Twitter nights more energizing. I got fans now, and they are on the front row seats, always watching me – thanks guys; your kindness influenced my work a lot!
— Gisele N. Mendez (@GiseleNMendez) September 7, 2012
@seoteky Yo! Salamat sa sharing this, Jayson!
— Tyson Stevens (@RightHatSEO) September 6, 2012
4. Benj Arriola – The Filipino SEO known for his expertise and his unmatched will to help others by sharing his knowledge and experience to everybody. The time that he spent on answering our questions could almost complete to an SEO encyclopedia if he only authored one. But he never tried to— all he does is answer questions and provide help whenever someone is in need. Indeed, a very special SEO that influence my work – our work.
5. Rand Fishkin – Who doesn’t have this guy in the list? He is everybody’s man. The work behind SEOmoz is a legacy, and Rand is the guy who started building that legacy.
6. Wil Reynolds – One of the best SEO pros in the industry, leads SEER Interactive – love his works, his #RCS ideology in bringing out the best of your marketing campaigns for both online and offline endeavors. Love this quote from him “Remember you didn’t go to college to be a do-follow link builderor an ‘awesome comment spammer’ right?” – RCS live example
7. Dan Petrovic – The mastermind behind Dejan SEO. I admire his knowledge and expertise that he and DejanSEO shared to the industry. Absolutely noteworthy and must-follow influencer.
8. The team that I have on SEOteky – Of course, it always inspires me when I get to sit next to these people and share 8-12 hours of my day with them. They influenced me to work harder, strive harder and be more responsible as we all grow together.
9. The people of SEO ORG Philippines – Sir Ed P, Zaldy, Kit, Carlo, Brian, Tyrone, Eli, Anne, Sheila, AJ, Ester, Geromme, Yuri, Mark Acsay III, Cell, Honey, Gary Lacanilao, Alvin Dimla, KB, Ron Leyba, Sean Si and all those names.
10. The people in the international scene – Pak Hou Cheng, Wayne Baker, Mike Arnensen, Carson Ward, James Agate, Ben Beck, Patrick McKeown, Jim Watson, Mike Essex, Cyrus Shepard, Ian Laurie, Ethan Lyon, Adria Saracino, Michael Kovis etc.
Sharing | The 10 Commandments of Guest Posting – seoteky.com/the-10-command… <= Nice little write up reminding us why & how to guest post
— Pak Hou Cheung (@PakHouCheung) August 29, 2012
— Mike Arnesen (@Mike_Arnesen) September 7, 2012
— James Agate (@jamesagate) August 23, 2012
Meeting people that can influence your work means a lot. These people help me become a better person and a better SEO everyday. It always boils down to the fact that when you have the right people in your circle and you know how to hustle – you’ll be on the right direction.
Thank you so much for being a great influence to my work. Saturday will be my 1st day again – being that SEO that you guys all expect.
P.S. I just hope that I didn’t forget anyone.
Did you enjoy this read? Share the people who influence your work by leaving a comment below. You can also upvote this on inbound.org