Yes we all know broken link building, but there are only few post in the internet that really shows how they use the link building tactic to build high quality links on a step-by-step process. So when I got this invitation from GDI to speak and share my knowledge to their community, I grabbed the chance and presented an easy to implement and actionable strategy that link builders can use – BLB, broken link building.
What is a broken link?
A broken link is a link that can no longer be accessed or page that has moved. When you get 404 error messages and browser errors like page cannot be displayed, we can safely assume that the page is a broken link already.
How do we use BLB to our own advantage?
1. Link List Suggestion – We help the webmasters to find broken links on their websites and then suggest our link as a replacement on that particular broken link.
2. Content Resource Suggestion – We look for resources that gone 404 “broken” and suggest our content as a replacement on that particular broken link resource URL.
Check the deck on slideshare now and learn how our process work:
How about content ideas?
1. Education related – This is an easy niche to use BLB, you can always research for good contents that specific people link to. How about teaching tools and resources? Set up an amazing page that showcase many of the best teaching tools that teachers can use and pitching the content to school websites who has broken link resources.
2. Mobile related – Create a content on bullying and it should be centered on mobile related cases. Research for bullying leading to suicide cases where mobile devices played its part. Add a content on fighting bullying for teachers and parents. Then pitch it to organizations who have listed resources on fighting bullying.
3. Health related – If it’s health related, you can always go for addiction support groups. Correlate your content to these type of organizations, list them on your prospecting sheet and try to ask if they are interested on adding your content as a resource.
4. Okay… add your content idea on the comment section now!
Other Resources in BLB:
Credits to my young (ex)boss, one of the best in link building – Jon Cooper of PointBlankSeo
If you love the presentation and the tools that I shared on this deck – share it to your co-workers. Like it and share it!
- Interview with Jon Cooper – Link Building Today & Tomorrow
- 25 Link Building Tips & Strategies to Get Quality Links
- Get Optimized 2 – Link Building with Content Marketing
- 6 Do-Able Link Prospect Research Methods
- Interview with Benj Arriola, Philippines SEO Master