If you are in need of an in-depth research for your SEO tasks, then worry no more. SEOmoz Open Site Explorer is your buddy for all the things that you need to know about your link. This grown up tool is really one of the best SEO tool out there and of course, its powered by SEOmoz, one of the best SEO brand out there “Effectively Manage Your SEO and Monitor Your Social Media“.
So without doing so much talk, here are 8 reasons why many people (Including me) love OSE, Open Site Explorer of SEOmoz
1. Page Authority and Domain Authority – People always ask me why do I choose page authority and domain authority as a metric and I always smile at them and explain how important these quality scores are. Forget Google Page Rank, this is the real score of your website.
Domain Authority predicts how well a web page will rank on a domain. The higher the Domain Authority, the greater the potential for an individual page on that domain to rank well.
Page Authority predicts the likelihood of a single page to rank well, regardless of its content. The higher the Page Authority, the greater the potential for that individual page to rank.
So if you want to check how good is your website or URL is, hit it with OSE.
2. Important Stats in a single click – Aside from Domain Authority and Page Authority, you’ll get more! Linking Root Domains, Facebook Shares, Facebook, Tweets and Google+
3. Inbound Links Tab – So Rock Solid! This tab is a superb way to discover internal and external links pointing to your page. If you want a solid report on internal linking that happens on your website then just sort it out using the filter function available on the tool.
Now if you want a report on the external links that points to your website, sort it out again using the filter function on the tool. I always use this to check existing links for the URL, wherein I apply my Anchor Text Reclamation program since it shows actual anchor text used to link to your page.
And there’s more way to filter it! You can also download the data on a CSV report.
4. Top Pages Tab – Eye popping statistics and information about your URL’s and pages. Know which of your pages is getting linked to, getting shared by many and discover how many links are pointing to it.
If you want to know which of your page do well on search engines, this tab is well suited for your need.
5. Linking Root Domains Tab – I love this tab, another wow for the TLD distribution graph on this tab. For people who wants to know what specific TLD extensions mostly links to your site, this tab shows it all. It also shows you what domain roots are linking to your page.
6. Anchor Text Tab – What more can you ask for? This shows how many root domains and links are using a particular anchor text to link on your website. Know what anchor texts points to your URL, even those image ALTs that are miss cue and have the chance to correct them. We use this function to discover powerful links that are supposed to be passing anchor text value but don’t. Filter by terms and phrases to ease out the reporting and download the CSV report.
7. Compare Link Metrics – You don’t need extra tools just to compare your website head to head against your competitors. This tab will show you all the important metrics, add 4 URL’s and see how your website do against your competition. 3 great things on this tab are the numbers for linking C blocks, followed vs nofollowed link and internal vs external links.
8. Advance Reports – If you want custom reports, then this tab is perfect for you. All you have to do is provide all the necessary information that is required and wait 3 to 4 hours for a concise report. So if you don’t have the time to use all the tabs that’s included in the tool. Just go to this tab and request for a report.
You can always use Open Site Explorer on link prospecting tasks. OSE is one of the most powerful tool ever!