It was supposed to be here, http://www.seomoz.org/ugc/seo-strategies-for-a-beer. But It was not, I read a note saying that my first post attempt is “Read but not approved“. I don’t know how in the hell I was able to compose such UGC first post anyways – About beer & SEO. All I can recall is that I came from a beer session with Bryan, Carlo, Alvin and Zalds that day. When I arrived at home I was able to come up with the idea of how to take advantage of this opportunities to get connected and share some fun, beer and bonus SEO.
<The submitted post that never got published>
SEO is for SEOmoz; SEO Strategy is for a Beer?
Okay, I’m not saying that Filipino SEO people are heavy drinkers and loves to get drunk (I’m not a heavy drinker anyway). If there’s one great thing about SEO gatherings, it’s the post party celebration after a successful event. I just want to share this funny experience I had after attending one website launching event made by an uprising auction site in the Philippines, pisobid.
First let me give you a list why attend an SEO event:
- An SEO event has one or two of the best SEO on your local area, of course they are partying with the group.
- Gives you list of technical SEO tips and strategies that you can use on many of your SEO Campaigns.
- Get exposure to improve your PR – Public Relations and Sociability.
- Meet your friends and maybe foes around the SEO community.
- At the end of the event theres food and drinks.
Okay, now why did I said SEO Strategy is for a beer? We all know that whenever there’s a social gathering there’s a free beer to share for everybody. Either its a sponsored round of drinks or your buddy sitting next to you offers you a drink. And when you drink, there’s always someone who will start talking big and start sharing his or her stories that is soon gonna reveal SEO strategies tested by that big mouthed who loves to be the center of the universe even just for a moment.
What should you do when you hear this big mouth talking?
- Start storing important information on your memory. You cant grab a notebook and a pen, that is too obvious!
- Listen well to their detailed story. Ask questions but don’t make him or her feel uncomfortable and think that you’re just lurking for information.
- Join the conversation. This allows you to prolong the talk before your big mouthed partner request for another round of beer.
- Dont forget to give him or her your business card. That big mouthed person can also give you work load and possibly a client.
- Free information for another round of beer. Be a nice person, buy that big mouthed person a beer to compensate what he or she revealed.
To conclude this youmoz post. You can always nail two birds in one stone on attending an SEO event or gathering. Attend the event to learn more from their SEO experiences and get drunk!
</The submitted post that never got published>
Pretty dumb funny right? UGC is also known as Youmoz User Blog by SEOmoz. A community blog where many SEO Professionals around the world are members. If you are not one of us? (seoteky on seomoz) I suggest that you pick a stone and hit your head! There is no way that you can say to the world that you are an SEO if you dont know SEOmoz or perhaps Rand Fishkin, much worse if you are not a member. You missed the half of your SEO life if you haven’t seen any whiteboard fridays from SEOmoz.
Oh well, I posted this UGC attempt because the post is uneditable anymore. I cant resubmit it and ask again for approval…over and over, and so I decided to post it in here on my SEO blog.
No related posts.